Lille winger, Nicolas Pepe, will fly in for his medical checks with Arsenal today, after both clubs agreed a £72million deal, Le10Sport reports.
The Ivorian will sign a five-year deal with the Gunners and becomes the most expensive African football ever.
Arsenal will pay £20million upon the deal being completed, with the following £52million being split over the next four years.
Pepe overtakes ex-Villareal striker Bakambu, 27, who cost Chinese Super League club, Beijing Guoan, a £65million fee.
Here are the top 11 most expensive African footballers currently:
1. Nicolas Pepe (Lille > Arsenal) – £72 million
2. Cedric Bakambu (Villarreal > Beijing Guoan) – £65 million
3. Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City > Manchester City) – £60 million
4. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund > Arsenal) – £56 million
5. Naby Keita (RasenBallsport Leipzig > Liverpool) – £52.75 million
6. Mohamed Salah (AS Roma > Liverpool) – £36.9 million
7. Sadio Mane (Southampton > Liverpool) – £35 million
8. Eric Bailly (Villarreal > Manchester United) – £30 million
9. Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon > Leicester City) – £29.5 million including add-ons
10. Wilfried Bony (Swansea City > Manchester City) – £28 million
11. Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal > Manchester City) – £25 million